Order by Cut
Quantity & Prices
New this year! We now have cut beef available. Many people wanted our beef but for various reasons were not able to commit to a ¼ (split-half) or ½ - now you have another option!
We now are offering by-the-cut beef. We have a variety of roasts, steaks, patties and ground beef. An order form is attached below with current prices and cuts.
This USDA cut beef is available on a first come first serve basis so we do not always have all the cuts available to purchase.
We already have had several beef sales here on the farm, which were very successful. We will continue to hold beef sales at the farm as weather permits throughout the year.
Order Form (To download an order form for USDA cut beef, click here to open the pdf).
How to Begin
The process will begin when we receive your completed form.
We use Del Fox Meats in Stanwood, a small family-owned packer, to process meat. Del Fox is State inspected and hand-processes all cutting and packing.
A variety of processing options are available through Del Fox Meats such as converting portions of your beef to sausages, jerky and pepperoni. You may also choose the thickness of your cut as well as quantities of fat and bone. Del Fox will contact you regarding individual processing preferences, or ask us for help.
You can pick-up your beef at either Del Fox Meats (7229 300th Street Northwest; Stanwood, WA 98292) or Long Family Farm on Whidbey Island (3468 Ewing Road; Clinton, WA 98236).
Payment is due in full when you pick up your order. Because each animal is a unique weight, we will not know your exact price until butchering. Live weight is approximated from hanging weight.
Once you place your order, we will contact you with a delivery date.
The beef is frozen and packaged and labeled according to cut.
Meat in vacuum-packed parcels will last at least two years in a freezer. 40 pounds of beef will fit in a typical refrigerator freezer with some room to spare.
A beef cow yields 7 different cuts of meat, in addition to variety meats described in more detail below. You can expect a sampling of these cuts with each whole, half and split-half order beef (this sampling does not include #9 “other cuts” below).
1. Chuck –Chuck eye roast, boneless top blade steak, arm pot roast, cross rib roast, mock tender, blade and pot roasts, short ribs, flank-style ribs
2. Rib – Rib roast, rib eye steak, rib eye roast, back ribs
3. Short Loin –Boneless top loin, tenderloin (roast or steak), New York, T-bone
4. Sirloin – Sirloin steak. flat bone, top sirloin, sirloin steak round
5. Round – Top & bottom round (roasts or steaks), tip roast, eye of round, tip steak
6. Brisket & Fore Shank – Corned brisket point half, brisket flat half, shank cross cut
7. Short Plate & Flank – Flank steak, skirt steak (fajita meat)
8. Variety Meats – Liver, Heart, Kidney, Tongue
9. Other Cuts – Ground Beef, Cube Steak, Stew Meat